Much of the System C stuff no longer works unless you saved the #include members
in your own library. Even then most stuff does compile today, but not all.
You'll just have to use an iterative method of compiler/edit/compile until you
get it to compile. I've done that for something I have.
If the System C code does not try to access any system-state objects (such as a
message file, as my program did) you should be able to eventually get it to
compile with ILE C using CRTBNDC.

-Bob Cozzi
www.RPGxTools.com
RPG xTools - Enjoy programming again.

I've got a two-fingered grip on the question I'm asking so please coerce
some of pieces of the question if needed be to postulate an answer.

We wrote some C stuff back in the early 90s and I was involved in
writing a client server application. I wrote the client side in RPG and
the someone else wrote the server side. I'm a bit familiar with C but
since I did not actually write the server side I'm fuzzy on some
details.

I seem to recall that way back that C400 did not have good file reading
(perhaps stream processing) capabilities so we wrote that stuff in
something called System C.  I can find procedures that reference having
to do stuff that I don't think is being done in the code today.

While trying to find the CL program to do the MAKE (LINK) I came across
one with this in it.
/* This procedure will link the XXXXX program using CRTSYSCPGM  */

I can not find a CRTSYSCPGM on the system.

I'm pretty sure that all the C code is ILE stuff today. Might I assume
that the following MAKE (LINK) program
is what is probably used today.

 /* This procedure will link the XXXXX program using CRTPGM  */

Steve Moland