Boris,
Fact that you deleted the service program and your program still works tells
me that your program must not be dependent on the service program.  In other
words, you are probably binding all the necessary modules statically into
the program.
You can easily verify if this is the case using DSPPGM command.  Just keep
hitting Enter to see all the associated displays.  Ones you want to pay
attention to are bound modules and dependent service programs.
If statically bound, it wouldn't matter that you have updated your service
program unless you've also recompiled the program and its associated
modules.

If your program has no service program dependencies, you can distribute it
to your client without the service program.

Elvis