Anyone know of a good base64 encoder that can be used to create HTTP authentication headers?

I'm looking for a routine that I can call, passing a userid & password, and get the base64 representation so I can create my authentication header.

EBCDIC handling is not a requirement ... I can do the necessary translation to ASCII.

Thanks!

david

This thread ...