At 10:06 2003-05-31 -0400, Etienne Richards <etienner@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Thanks for the info everybody.
>
>Is there a way for the message to stay on the screen even after the program
>exists?

Hmm.  I have never really cared very much, but I think I remember reading
somewhere that a status message stays until something rewrites line 24 of
the screen.  Program calls and returns are not in themselves responsible
for changing the message.

If you want a message left at the bottom of the user's menu (or whatever)
when the menu (or whatever) is redisplayed, send a completion message to
the program responsible for that display.  You will not in general know
the name of that program, and your program may not even know if it is the
program called directly from the menu.  This is not a problem: just keep
sending completion messages up the program stack.

HTH.

Terry.

This thread ...