  • Subject: Printer file usage question
  • From: "Eugene Astanovsky" <j.astanovski@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 17:39:22 +0200

May be this question is as easy as most things in this 400 world -
when you know an answer.
But still:
I'm writing a program, that must generate a report. It has a header
and plenty of rows. All these rows probably will not fit into the
page, I defined while creating a print file via STRRLU.
So I thought, that it will be nice to place a header on each new
page. Isn't it obvious?
But how does the program, that makes _Rwrite to print file, knows,
when new page should start.
I now know only one stupid way - place a counter and increment it
each time I make _Rwrite, then compare it to page size in rows. If
equal (or something like that), reset it, place header and go on.
Seems ugly :-(((.
May be there is some sort of feedback from _Rwrite, that shows, that
last row is placed on the page?

Any advice will be highly appreciated.....

Regards all,
Jevgeni Astanovski