We simply make the time to run month end. We have one person from IT who
runs all of our month ends. While we are a 7x24 shop there are busier
times than others.

As a 7x24 hour shop we use High Availability software to replicate all of
our data from our production box to our backup box. We used to use Mimix
but now we are using Quick-EDD. We perform all of our nightly backups on
our backup box. We used to use "save while active" to do that on our
production box before this solution. SWA is a joke. Either you still
kick everyone off to get a "check point" or you do a "ragged save while
active" which, in theory means that databases may not be completely in
sync. For example one transaction may have been posted to order detail
but not to the order header during the backup. We opted for the "ragged
save while active" before the backup box because we did not want to kick
users off.
Every quarter we switch over to the backup box. It takes more time to
quiesce operations than it does to do the actual switch. Then we do
upgrades, ptf's, etc. Then we switch back. Been doing this for years.

This next is important.
Management was very concerned about the amount of time of the outage
during month end. We upgraded from spinning disks to SSD's, and purchased

Resource
ID Option Feature Description
5770SS1 42 5117 HA Journal Performance
for the sole purpose of reducing the time it took to run downtime.
Actually the option 42 had the bigger impact. But I'm willing to go out
on a limb here and say, that unless you're using replication software
(like Mimix or Quick-EDD) most people won't need this as ERPLX does not
journal by default. But if you journal I do not consider option 42
optional. Amazingly huge performance impact. To test it we put it on the
day before month end so that we could run 3 month ends on the 70 day trial
period.
STRSQL
values days(date('2018-11-30')) - days(date('2018-09-30'))
returns 61 days. It was such a big impact we didn't wait the full 70
days, besides, if we had it might have expired while finishing the
paperwork.

Rob Berendt