<vendor>

Dear Robert,

Replies from Mr. Bilgen and Al Mac confirm our conclusion that a
considerable amount of manually-entered inventory transaction activity will
be needed to solve this.

There is no way within BPCS to prohibit the use of an active location by
specific items. So, it's necessary to deactivate your bad locations and to
do that, all inventory quantities will first have to be removed or moved.
The simplest method would be to remove or zero out invalid locations with a
cycle count type of transaction, but that does not handle actual inventory
that may exist. So a better alternative would be to transfer any existing
inventory found in the bad/fictitious locations into valid locations.

Here's an idea to greatly reduce the pain of manually entering a high volume
of transactions. Our Lickety-Split software transports rows of Excel data
into iSeries green screen apps (in this case INV500) as if it were being
keypunched. It's lightning fast with zero fat thumb errors .... and .... all
the edit checking in the green screen application is still performed. It's
slick.

More information --->
<http://www.unbeatenpath.com/software/dataentry/Lickety-Split.pdf>
http://www.unbeatenpath.com/software/dataentry/Lickety-Split.pdf

Reference letter ---->
<http://www.unbeatenpath.com/references/away02stewart.pdf>
http://www.unbeatenpath.com/references/away02stewart.pdf

Automating the INV500 entry effort with Lickety-Split makes the inventory
clean-up extremely quick .... before more inventory arrives in the bad
location by accident.

Additional research may be needed to see what is causing your inventory to
get into the bad locations in the first place. If it is arriving from open
shop orders or allocations, those may also need to be taken care of before
locations can be deactivated.

Warmest regards,

Milt Habeck
Unbeaten Path International