In that version of BPCS, BIL500 needs to use 2 pointers to the same file, BBL. the way BPCS does that is to use the OVRDBF command to point back to the logical file BBLL01.

If I remember correctly, one pointer is used for input mode only and the other is used to update the file/member.

Darryl Freinkel
iPad