Thanks Al for your clear explanation.
I have BPCS 6.1.02

Enviado desde Samsung Mobile.

-------- Mensaje original --------
De: Al Mac Wow <macwheel99@xxxxxxxxxx>
A: 'BPCS ERP System' <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Asunto: Re: [BPCS-L] HPO PID status and PSTAT field

ASAP you should identify, to BPCS-L, your BPCS version #, because for some
files, the rules change by version. For example 100% of what I am saying is
from my understanding of a BPCS version which might not be your version #.

We still have the on-line documentation which came with BPCS = BPCSDOC file
where each member is a different manual. Is that on your system?

SSARUN06 is where you should start for Purchasing Application.

You won't find PSTAT there but you can search for STATUS.

I did not read thru the whole thing, just enough to try to answer your
question.

Reading thru the above, I found that

* There are status codes in the Header HPH and in the Detail HPO
lines, and other files, and it is not always clear from the BPCS
documentation, which status code they are talking about.

* Many coding rules depend on codes in other fields, such as
commodity types

* Status code 0 means a new purchase order, not yet received nor
costed, or individual HPO line which is not yet fully received and not yet
fully costed.

* Status code 1 means at least one line of the HPO has been received
or costed, or individual HPO line which is fully costed, but not fully
received. In other words, the vendor has invoiced us, and we have entered
the invoice, but we are still waiting on some of the material to be
delivered.

* Status code 2 means fully received, not fully costed . meaning we
got everything we ordered from the vendors, but the payables are not yet
completed. The act of entering a vendor invoice for a purchased material,
costs the purchase, and provides a C transaction audit trail. There are
General Ledger complications if we neglected to cost new item before it goes
into PO pipeline. When the vendor has short changed you on not delivering
all which was requested, you can over-ride status with code 2, to basically
decide you are going to forget it, not harass them about this.

* Status code 3 means the Po is now closed, because all HPO lines
have been fully received and fully costed. On an individual HPO line, 3
means THAT line is fully received and costed, although there may be other
lines on the same HPH PO which are not yet in that status.

* Status code 9 means the purchase order is over its authorization
limit.

* There may be other status codes which I did not notice when I was
studying all this tonite.

BPCS has a system their documentation calls 3 way match, but I call it 3 way
mismatch.

In theory we order materials from vendors, where they are supposed to supply
some quantity at some cost-price on some date. When the stuff arrives,
there are transactions posted, acknowledging this, and optionally going thru
an inspection, to identify defective deliveries. We also get invoices from
the vendor, entered thru A/P process. The status code is supposed to
communicate:

* Did we send this Po to the vendor?

* Did the vendor send what we ordered (quantity) in whole or in part?

* What quantity had to be returned to the vendor, because it was
defective, and what vendor return tracking code was used?

* Did the vendor send us invoicing for this, where the cost is what
they agreed to?

* Did the vendor properly credit us for the defective returned parts?

* Did we pay the vendor correctly?

* What the heck are we going to do about the cost variances where
what the vendor billed is not what we agreed to?

* When some vendors do not get paid yesterday, they send a duplicate
of the invoice, in which you cannot tell that it is a duplicate. Do we have
a good enough system to avoid paying the vendor more than once for the same
shipment?

* Some vendors take forever to invoice us for their shipments. Is
our accounting good enough to show stuff we received 6 months ago for which
we have not yet been invoiced, and how long should we wait before bringing
this kind of neglect to the attention of our vendors?

In reality, our version of BPCS is not sophisticated enough to handle all
our scenarios.

* We order from many vendors, which drop ship what we ordered, from
some third party. This complicates the 3 way match . vendor, item,
quantity, PO, cost

* Once we tell BPCS we have received 100% of some order, it won't let
us post a return defective transaction on the same PO.

* Some vendors seem to use whatever UM catches their fancy, at
random. We can usually catch these when the price to us for something is
like 1,000 times as much as it should be.

If you can find these values on a standard BPCS inquiry screen, then
position cursor there and F1 for help information.

I am on 405 CD, where the rules are as follows:

The 2nd character of any ID gets letter Z when we are DONE with some entry.

So RZ is DONE with RO

And PZ is DONE with PO.

"DONE with" is sometimes called INACTIVE, or "ready to delete".

Currently 100% of our HPO.PID records = PO

The past two weeks, we completed end fiscal for December 2013, a physical
inventory, replaced our costs, and ran preliminary end-year. Before that
process, we probably had some PZ records.

Currently our HPO.PSTAT have values: 0 1 2 3

I do not remember off-hand what this signifies, but I looked up the BPCS
on-line documentation, and gave some answers above.

PSTAT may be tied into the question of whether the PO is in use, and whether
someone has generated the PO output to deliver to our vendors.

Many BPCS aps have a collection of files associated with updating orders,
and a system for preventing too many cooks getting in each other's way. In
Customer Orders, they use a field specifically named IN USE, but with Pos,
that is managed with an HPH status field where

1 = in use

HPO is a detail file (individual lines of PO) connected to summary PO header
file HPH.

When we have SOME order lines we are done with, on an order with OTHER lines
we are NOT yet done with, BPCS generally holds all the lines until such time
as we are both DONE with the ENTIRE order, and the rules permit the purging
of the old data.

In other words, when we run End Fiscal Month, we have the option to purge
purchase orders, which have not yet been paid for yet, or wait until they
clear A/P before purging them. Also in system parameters, there's settings
for how long we want to keep various kinds of activity on our system.

Al Mac = Alister William Macintyre