Google (or other search engine), does not help, much in general Internet,
but Search http://archive.midrange.com/bpcs-l either via local search, or

If you are unfamiliar with search engines other than Google, use Google to
search for "search engine"s.

When posting to BPCS-L it helps to identify the version of BPCS which you
are on.

I am familiar with 405 CD version. What GL account a transaction is posted
to, comes from a combination of:
* Facility to Profit Center
* Codes in files like IIC ITE and others
* Latest input via ACR120 and other programs

Sometimes there is a combination generated for which there is no GL account
yet for that combination. Maybe this is the first time that kind of
activity in a facility. Maybe there is an error. Maybe the company has a
new kind of activity, and in the setup of codes, something got overlooked.

We have the choice of adding that GL combination for first time, then
posting what bounced, or editing the bounced journal entry to give it a
combination which is a valid pre-existing target.

I created for our auditors, new accounting personnel, and computer peers, an
Excel which I call GL REVERSE ENGINEER, which tells them where stuff comes
from which has shown up in the General Ledger, to help them with back
tracing, and setting up new scenario combinations. It includes both native
BPCS, and consequences of our modifications. If you would like me to send
you a copy, please do not clutter this BPCS-L thread with ME TOO, but
instead, contact me off-line. The only thing BPCS-L needs to be told is
whether my cheat sheet tool was any good for you, and thus worth other
people asking for a copy.

-
Al Mac