Hi Richard

I am assuming you are matching against a GRN/advice note (and not a
Purchase order)
- in which case, I am not sure there is anything in vanilla 8.3.0

New functionality came in at 8.3.3 to enable "Matching PO to credit
notes for returned goods -GRN processing" which should resolve this
scenario
- However, I had a similar problem to you, at one of our clients using
8.3.3
- we tried to Void an invoice that had been previously matched against a
GRN/Advice Note:

1) the option to "re-open" GRN/Advice Note was flagged in ACP500
2) The GRN/Advice Note was entered in ACP500
3) Following completion of the Void of the invoice:
a. GRN/Advice Note detail (HGD) was ok
i. Costed amounts & value were reset to 0
ii. Line was "open" in GRN/Advice Note enquiry
(PUR312)
b. However, when we tried to match another invoice to the
same GRN/Advice Note, we had the message "GRN/Advice Note in use"
i. HGH.GHRCID = 'IU'
ii. HGH.GHSELC = '*'
c. We have to SQL the HGH field to HGH.GHRCID = 'GH' and
HGH.GHSELC = ' ' to enable subsequent matching of the GRN/Advice Note to
a new invoice

I believe the GRN/Advice note should be automatically re-opened
following a Void, but I think there are still some issues in this area,
even at 8.3.4

Regards

Tony Cregg