<vendor>

Good morning Chris,

ERP LX does allow you to define user authorities by warehouse .... so, for
example .... with your current set-up, you could enable a receiving dock
employee (Betty) to enter transactions in the raw material warehouse but
exclude Betty from any access to the quality/quarantine warehouse. Depending
on what your internal control posture is and what external (SOX, JSOX,21 CFR
part 11, etc.) regulations require for your enterprise, separation of duties
enforcement could be an important consideration.

Now, one of the complaints that arrives when you define user access by
warehouse is that you remove Betty's ability to "see" in other warehouses at
the same time you remove her ability to "transact" in those other
warehouses. You can evade that by setting up two ERP LX user profiles for her
.... one (BETTY1) to transact in the raw material warehouse and another
(BETTY2) to "see but not transact" in the quarantine warehouse. That creates
an unhappy proliferation of ERP LX user profiles.

This solution --- By Invitation Only
www.unbeatenpath.com/software/bio/BIOnly.pdf --- would permit your company to
give Betty's single user profile (BETTY0) the ability to enter transactions
in one warehouse while restricting BETTY0 to "look-up-only" access in other
warehouse(s). [The software provides this same genre of savvy separation of
duties functionality across different facilities and across different
companies in ERP LX or BPCS.]

If separation of duties is a crucial need at your company, you might want to
learn about our Due Diligence software
www.unbeatenpath.com/software/duediligence/separation-of-duties.pdf which
performs an audit across all ERP LX (or BPCS) user profiles. The printout
from that software saves a ton of effort every time a Sarbanes-Oxley auditor
opens a new separation of duties investigation.

Here's a typical Due Diligence finding: Antonio has moved between
jobs in different departments. To get Antonio functional in his new
position, BPCS authorities are promptly added for him ...... but ..... no
one ever triggered the janitorial work to remove the authorities
Antonio used in his old job(s).

Peace to you,
Milt Habeck
Unbeaten Path