Hi Barry

in a similar situation but havin BPCS 6.2.0, I used the "BackFlush" and SFC650 t
o report materials usages in different steps (operations) of the SO.

You need to set up:
-BOM: separate operation for the items being used before and after
-Operations: the assigned operations must be "collectable"; between the two oper
ation you can have several "not collectable" operations to trace labour if neede
d.
-WH/Locations: for the different operations (not compulsory)

Flow
-----
SO Relase through SFC500
SO allocation for all the materials SFC505
SFC650 Prod.Reporting for 1st collectable operation: this is consuming the mater
ials assigned to this opperation while the others can either stay allocate to th
e SO or you can disallocate it.
The next day you can repeat SFC650 for 2nd operation and you will produce usages
of the materials allocated to the 2nd collectable operation.

I guess this idea can help you.

Ciao

Luigi Sansottera
E-ssentia.Com SRL