This might vary by version, but basically the settings on the customer
master determine whether orders get evaluated for credit hold.

Check the help text on the fields here:
ACR100D2-04 The Bergquist Company xxxxxxxxxx
4/21/11
Revise Customer Master Maintenance - Credit xxxxxxxx
23:05:21

Customer Number 123 Billy Bob's Bait Shop

Date Open 1/01/87

Statement-To Customer 70 +

Statement Type +

Credit Days 20

Credit Limit 2500.00

Customer Hold 0

Credit Check 01

D&B Number 99999999999

D&B Rating 5A1 +

Customer Dunning Type 0 0, 1 or 2

Dunning Letter Set Status Only

Customer Dunning Status

Last Dunn Date 0/00/00

Remit-From Customer 99 +

Lock Box-To Customer 99 +

Lock Box-To Number +

F1=Help F3=Exit F4=Prompt F5=Refresh F6=Accept F12=Cancel
F24=More Keys