We originally upgraded from V5R4 to 6.1 with 405CD. We led the pack and
went through the pain. We had a lot of modifications. However, we didn't
customize anything we weren't supposed to. Be careful of BMRs. They
probably have it ironed out now but early on in the process, even though
their site states they are not supported releases of the OS older than "x"
the machine they were compiling their bmr's on was older than 'x' and I
was getting BRMs that wouldn't work on that release.

We eventually ran fat, dumb and happy on 405CD on 6.1 and then 7.1. Now
we are on LX.

Other than the ANZOBJCVN concerns the only other one that I recall was we
had modified a SQLRPGLE program that accessed the FRT file. We had to
change the sql from
because RID is now a sql reserved word. The upgraded wouldn't have broken
any compiled code with the old SQL. You only noticed the error on a

Rob Berendt

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

This thread ...


Follow On AppleNews
Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2021 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact [javascript protected email address].

Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.