From: Bill <brobins3d@xxxxxxxxx>
To: bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 02/17/2011 10:01 AM
Subject: [BPCS-L] Transitioning a G/L Company Number
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx

405CD. I have a project to "flip" the general ledger for a company so
that the books will start fresh at the beginning of period 2. We don't
want to just wipe the data because the history would be useful. My game
plan is to move all G/L data prior to period 2 of 2011 to a new company
number.

The GJH and GJD should be no problem, I'm just going to change the
company number from 01 to 91 for all data prior to 2011/02 and all data
for 2011/02 will stay as company 01. But the GGM is my hangup, I'm not
quite sure how to process it. For this example 2010 has been closed, so
the GGM should have re-calculated all of the period buckets to the
current year orientation and budget numbers have not been entered.

For the GGM, my plan is to change the company number to 91 here as well,
but I don't know what I should do for company 01. A new balance sheet
needs to be created to set up the books for this "new" company. Would
it be as easy as just letting the G/L system create the GGM records as
necessary or does it need the be preloaded?

Bill