<vendor>

Al and Rob both contributed bulls-eye commentary about the data integrity
risks inherent in updating a crucial file from an Excel spreadsheet. Over the
decades we've traced many BPCS misfires back to "how in the world did that
get in there?" garbage sitting in some IIM or RCM or ECH field.

We've invented a product called "Needle in a Haystack" which finds odd-ball
data change/insertion errors and then immediately e-mails an alert to the
database guardian. If some element of data in Andry's spreadsheet was
abnormal or rare, Needle in a Haystack (T) would find it and report it while
his upload was underway.

More information:
<http://www.unbeatenpath.com/software/needle/in-a-haystack.pdf>
www.unbeatenpath.com/software/needle/in-a-haystack.pdf

The idea is to find data anomalies and fix them before garbage is propagated
into dozens or thousands of transactions. You don't need Sarbanes-Oxley
auditors looking over your shoulder to recognize the value of that.

Warm regards and peace to you,

Milt Habeck

Owner

Unbeaten Path International