Hi Luigi,

Yes you could use BPCS Container Control to track individual items by Serial
Number but the downside is you will have a large number of ITH records and
each unit will have its own YCI record. You also have to ensure that at
every stage through the process (production reporting, transfers,
adjustments, picking etc.) you are capturing the Serial Number otherwise you
cannot post the transaction.

How you would do it depends on the operational processes involved. Is it
practical to expect shop floor operatives to scan each Serial Number or
would it be simpler to scan a Pallet Number and let the bar-code system do
the rest? If your bar-coding system knows which Serial Numbers are on which
Pallet then transactions can be posted to BPCS by Serial Number (Container
Number in BPCS) even though the operator is scanning a Pallet Number.

An alternative would be to let your bar-coding application track Serial
Numbers/Pallets and still post to BPCS at Item/Lot level keeping things
simple in BPCS.

We have solutions in place covering all these scenarios and more.

Best regards

David Myers

AIDC Solutions Limited
Mobile: +44 (0)7715 487011
Office : +44 (0)1422 399530

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of AIDC Solutions. If you are
not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in
error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete
it from your system and notify the sender immediately.