From: Al <macwheel99@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: BPCS ERP System <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, August 9, 2010 11:38:37 AM
Subject: Re: [BPCS-L] Unprocessed Labor Tickets

We have clerks who get distracted.  They were keying labor tickets from a
particular work station session "side", then forget which side had a batch
that had not yet been taken to a conclusion, so at close of business work
day, there are batches that do not get posted until the following day.

Where do labor tickets get the default date of labor ticket input?  If
someone leaves their work station signed on to BPCS menu overnite, then next
morning enters transactions, do the transactions default to prior day's
date?  This may be unique to our version of BPCS and our modifications.

There's people who don't get a batch completed by the end of their work day,
so they leave the batch open, and key in the rest of the labor tickets at
the beginning of the next work day. Watch out if this is happening over an
end-month fiscal weekend, where the tickets that get posted on Monday might
carry dates that fall inside the prior fiscal month, and this happen after
you run most of your reports for that fiscal month.

Before resetting anything, you need to be sure that there are no batches
that have not yet been submitted to JOBQ.

Talk with those clerks to get an understanding of their hassles.

Each batch is indexed by a tracking "ticket #" for the batch, separate from
the ticket # in FLT which links to ticket # in ITH for corresponding
transactions.  This is used to help the clerk access a particular ticket for
correction before posting.  Let's suppose their PC locks up, crashes, while
in middle of keying tickets.  The tracking ticket # does not get updated
properly, then if the clerk restarts the job, without any effort to deal
with what got messed up by the crash, the later tickets input can overlay
the prior ticket effort.  All sorts of things can get messed up.  I have
instructed our people ... any time you have a crash, take that batch to a
conclusion, before starting another batch.

-
Al Mac