From: darren@xxxxxxxxx
To: BPCS ERP System <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 07/19/2010 02:08 PM
Subject: Re: [BPCS-L] 8.3.3 MRP run time
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces+akleier=robbinsfloor.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Here is an example of performance:

Running MRP500 over one particular facility in 405CD is 149 seconds.
Similar data, converted to LX 8.3.3 runs in 349 seconds for that facility.
All facilities process in about 12 minutes in 405CD. For LX 8.3.3 it
takes
about 45 minutes.

The issue we have is that we currently run MRP500 for all facilities,
manipulate some data, and run it again. We then run DRP500, and MRP600.
This adds up to 45 minutes in 405. This is tolerable. In LX8.3.3, this
same process takes a little over 2.5 hours.

I suspect a poor implementation of SQL statements in place of traditional
I/O, but if anyone has found a turbo booster for MRP500, I would love to
hear about it.