Bill

Over the 12 years I've been associated with data warehousing and ETL
processes the simplest and easiest to use I've seen to extracting data from
the "AS400" platforms is BI Express from Advanced Systems Design out of
Peoria, IL (asd.net) (I have no vested interest here).

However once the data is on the targeted platform there is still the need to
build the warehouse on that platform.

One other thing: what you seem to be suggesting is a one-time extraction:
1. setup the data extraction process
2. test it through several iterations
("several" because the users' requirements will change every time they
see the results of the previous iteration).
3. run it that one last time ("last time" because the "AS400" platform
gets removed shortly thereafter).

Is this what you are facing?

Roy Luce

Direct: 847-540-9635