From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
To: BPCS ERP System
Sent: Friday, May 07, 2010 9:44 AM
Subject: Re: [BPCS-L] Question about queries

In the "Define result fields" I have:
DATEC digits(ildate)
YEARMONTH substr(datec,1,6)
In the "Select sort fields" I used
Sort
Prty A/D Field
10 A YEARMONTH
20 A ILSAL1
In the "Select report summary functions" I used "1=Total" on ILQTY.
In "Define report breaks" I used
Break Sort
Level Prty Field
1 10 YEARMONTH
2 20 ILSAL1
In "Select output type and output form" I used "2=Summary only"

Results:
YEARMONTH Slsmn MTD
Number Adjustments
000001 200504 1
000002 TOTAL 948715.194
000003
000004 200504 7
000005 TOTAL 1206903.000
000006
000007 200504 8
000008 TOTAL 36649.000
000081
000082 200504
000083 TOTAL 8471378.233

Rob Berendt
Group Dekko Services, LLC

From: David.ANTONISSE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: BPCS ERP System <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 05/07/2010 10:28 AM
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces+rob=dekko.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

I am looking around for some BPCS Query help.

I am busy with a query for a sales person.

The problem I have now in the first query. I need to have a summary (total
quantity) of the sales, per period, per salesperson.
In the query I work with the SIL file, the SSM file and the IIM file.

I want to see only total lines per item and quantity. But there is more
information on the lines with should be still visible.

These are my field I want to see:
T01.ILQTY Quantity
T02.SSAL Salesman Number
T02.SNAME Salesman Name
T01.ILCUSB Billing Customer
T03.CNME Customer Name
T01.ILPROD Item
PIECE ilrev/ilqty
T04.IDESC Item Description
T04.IDSCE Extra Description

Now I want only sumarize this information on T01.ILQTY, but without
success. When I summarize I lose all other information. When I see the
total information, it is not summarized.
This is the first query from a serie of about 4 or 5 to add other
information later (about the inventory etc.)

Can you help me how I get the first query summarized?

Do you know where I can find a digital book Query User Manual for BPCS?

Thank you very much!

Rgds, D A