Hi All

New to the list. Hope I'm using it correctly. Anyway, I have an answer to
the problem of planned order dates going years into the past.

There is some extraneous code in DRP500, which I have commented out below:

0868.70 C* Do until a work day is found
0868.80 C*
0868.90 C WORKDY DOUEQ YESX
0869.00 C* Days to YMD
0869.10 C*
0869.20 C Z-ADD ROMEX W1FDTE
0869.30 C EXSR DATE6
0869.40 C Z-ADD W1TDTE SCYMD
0869.50 C*
0869.60 C MOVE DEFWHS CALWHS
0869.70 C EXSR S923
0869.80 C*
0869.90 C*
0870.00 test C**** Z-ADD ROMEX W1FDTE
0870.10 test C**** EXSR DATE5
0870.20 test C**** W1RTN IFEQ 'E'
0870.30 test C**** Z-ADD W1FDTE ROMEX
0870.40 test C**** ELSE
0870.50 test C**** Z-ADD W1TDTE ROMEX
0870.60 test C**** ENDIF
0870.70 C*
0870.80 C*
0870.90 C* If not a work day go back 1 day

This is from the V8.2 program. The code is in subroutine N2278A and
hopefully I've included enough context for anyone to find it.

Problem is that ROMX is already a *DAYS value at this point, so putting it
through DATE5 will usually result in the return flag being set to 'E' and
therefore nothing happens, but occasionally a *DAYS number can be
interpreted as a date. For instance 40206, which is 29-Jan-2011 will be
interpreted as being [200]40206 in cymd format and so will return 37656,
being 06-Feb-2004.