I agree with Bill's comments.

We remove Customer Orders from our Live files on a regular basis (weekly). We don't completely delete them, we move them
to a set of archive files that mirror the layout of the live files, in a separate "archive" library.

We use criteria : HID = "CZ" and Date Shipped or Date Cancelled is over 40 days ago. You may have different requirements, but
this seems to work for us.

Additionally, for DRP orders (HDTYP = 9) all lines on the order must be fully received (LRQTY >= LQSHP)

We have enquiries that allow view of archived orders. You can bet your bottom dollar an hour after deleting an order
someone will need to know what was on it !

This obviously doesn't reduce disk usage, but it does reduce the amount of "Live" data that BPCS is working with.
You may also be bound by industry standards, traceability requirements etc to keep orders visible for a certain time.

Along with ECH we archive ECL, ECS, ECT and ESN. In a similar thread some time ago someone told me that we are missing a number of
other files that should be archived as well. We don't have any known problems, but we may have orphan records around the system that
we don't know about. Looking at the files open when in Order Entry/Maintenance I checked and there are some other files that BPCS
could populate but which we don't make use of so it doesn't seem to be an issue for us.

There are 3rd party products on the market that do a more formal (and better!) archiving job, no doubt they will be mentioned in other replies.

We also archive other files (Shop Orders, Purchase Orders etc) on a regular basis. If doing any archiving you have to ensure you do it before any
Month-end BPCS jobs get in first and simply blitz the data off the files, based on the archive/delete criteria set up in system parameters.

Tom Molyneux

NOV Mono
MIS Department

Tel. +44 (161) 214 2142