It is my understanding from Infor that the system will allocate and
backflush phantoms. It will also show demand over and above the current
QOH of the phantom on to the children of the phantom. It will not,
however, allocate and backflush the children of the phantom.

We are on version 6.04 and the process is as such. We have an item, say
QOH of 1,000 pieces that is being replaced by an item from a new supplier,
and for this reason the item number revision level is changing. The OLD
item becomes a phantom, the new item is put into the BOM as a child to the
phantom. Now, when MRP runs it will take into account the 1,000 pieces of
the phantom. If/when demand goes over the 1,000 available, it will show
demand for the children so that purchasing can buy the new part. It will
not, however, allocate and backflush the children. It will only allocate
and backflush the phantom. If you step away from this for a moment and
forget that this item is a phantom, what you're wanting BPCS to do is to
allocate and backflush 2 levels of the BOM in one pass. BPCS doesn't do
that.

I hope this helped.

Norman K. Boyd
MIS Administrator
Showa Aluminum Corp. of America
Phone: (740) 869-5007

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
message. If you are the intended recipient but do not wish to receive
communications via email, please advise the sender immediately.