There are several things you need to know.

We are on an AS/400 model 170 with V5R1 and we have been told that the
highest we could have gone was V5R2 on that box, and that each hardware box
... AS/400 iSeries Systemi etc. can only handle a certain range of i/OS
versions, so
1. You cannot run V6.1 on an AS/400, you will have to go to a higher box.
2. You may have to go thru several boxes, in which each one has a range of
i/OS between the box you now on, and the box you end up on.

BPCS 405CD release 2 is not Y2K compliant. There was a special bundle of
BMRS after release 2 to fix a final collection of bugs. I don't remember
whole story, but Accounts Payable comes to mind as one area with conniptions
if you don't have that bundle.

IBM has a pile of PTFs that are essential for BPCS to work good on any next
i5/OS.

Vanilla BPCS 405CD does not have any embedded SQL, but many of our
modifications do. You need to be familiar with your system's modifications.
The program type is RPG if RPG/400 or I forget (I am not at the 400 right
now) if ILE (some of our mods) with SQL in the name of program type if SQL
involved, so you can send directory of software to an *OUTFILE then query to
see if you have any.

Check your SSA/Infor license. Ours has they can charge anything they please
for a "transfer".
Move the 400 down the street ... that's a transfer.
Get new owners or managers for the same company ... that's a transfer.
Change name of company to better reflect the evolution of our product mix
... that's a transfer.
Upgrade to a later box or OS ... that's a transfer.
Add more users to our system ... that's a transfer.
With each transfer, they can charge anything they please, from a few
thousand $ to whatever they think the market can bear.

-
Al Mac

Happy I remain this functional: Wake up each morning; roll out of bed; feet
touch floor; I can stand up (sometimes need to push with arms); walk; get to
toilet; all familiar systems do their thing.