Great explanation - Thank you!!

-----Original Message-----
From: bpcs-l-bounces+dcavaiani=amerequip.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bpcs-l-bounces+dcavaiani=amerequip.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of McK King
Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 2:49 PM
To: BPCS ERP System
Subject: Re: [BPCS-L] Backflush by operation# - 405cd

Don,

These comments are based on use of version 6.0.01 and earlier. Later
versions may offer additional features which I cannot validate.

The FRT (Routing) allows you to mark the field Collectible for an
operation. If a field is marked collectible then reporting that
operation back-flushes labor and material from the beginning (or the
last prior collectible operation) through the operation you mark. If I
understand your scenario you would have additional operations following
which may or may not be collectible. Of course the final operation must
be marked collectible in order for you to back-flush labor for any of
the operations which follow your prior collectible. One more
consideration, unless you tie a component to the operation it will
back-flush when the first Collectible operation is reported.

e.g: Operation 10 ---- not collectible
Operation 20 ---- Collectible
Operation 30 ---- Non-Collectible
Operation 40 ---- Non-Collectible
Operation 50 ---- Collectible

In this scenario you must report at Operation 20 and operation 50 to
back-flush labor hours fully. You may not report 10, 30, or 40 for a
number of reasons such as they move too quickly and in sync with the
Collectible which occurs after them.
Generally, components will back flush when you report the first
collectible (operation 20) unless you have ties a component to a
particular operation. For example, if you tie component A to operation
20 and component B to operation 40, then A will back flush on the op. 20
report and B will back-flush when you report operation 50.

Hope this is helpful and not more than you asked.

Regards,

McK King
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
BWay Corporation