I also on 405 CD.

The INV100 checks a lot of master files, but not all places the old item may
be hanging out.

When we run SYS120, it gets rid of soft deleted records from SOME files, but
not ALL BPCS files, so we have to have supplementary modification efforts to
remove the rest, and of course a means of identifying what files have
soft-deleted records not going away. After removing unwanted records from
BPCS files, the disk space they had used, is still being consumed by the
files, which they were removed from. You may want to use IBM's file reorg
or other tools to fix that, on some of the files. UPI's Locksmith can also
do that for us, and I imagine that is a pretty standard feature with other
vendor archiving solutions.

Your unwanted item # may be in ITH inventory history.

When we run INV900, it only manages items that are valid "IM" in IIM.
Thus, the act of deleting old part #s from IIM in 405 CD guarantees that
those items will be in ITH in perpetuity, or until that item # is reassigned
to some other purpose.

Think SQL statement to remove from ITH any item # that does not match IIM
what's left.

This is why you have to do a real good job of inventorying all the files
that are impacted (CIC, engineering notes, customer orders, shipments, labor
history, in-house modifications) & figuring out how to deal with them, or
buy a vendor solution such as UPI's Item Undertaker.

You also need a process for identifying candidates for old part #s to
review, whether it is time to purge them.
Here are some of our candidate sources:
We have items for customers, where we no longer have had the customers for X
years & we have customer that went bankrupt X months ago.
We have customers which have churned what parts we make for them, such that
some parts have not been sold in X years.
We have what I call "parts orphaned by engineering changes" (zero records in
the where-used count)
We have parts found to have same physical inventory count this time as last
time, with only intervening change is to gather more dust.

-
Al Mac