Hi Sean,

You made the statement " But it seems that the host-code page should be set differently depending on whether the user is performing database events against the MLS files or against the rest of the BPCS files.". Where do you find that in the documentation or what leads you to that conclusion - I am not sure it's accurate ?

Normally the user should be set up in BPCS with the MLS language setting on their user profile (in BPCS and ideally that same setting should be used on the iSeries user profile if it makes sense in your installation) that will reflect their desired input to the MLS enabled extension files. If they do not have any particular issues with the characters available in code page 937, that is the default setting for the database and should be used for the user.

Note that when working with the rest of the BPCS files, the input of characters not part of the Invariant code page, and not part of the database CCSID (default 937) will cause issues in data storage and retrieval between users with different CCSID settings. I believe this is also part of the documentation but am not certain everyone fully understands the implication of this when doing end-user education. This is something you should also test in your set up if you deal with languages such as Swedish, Norwegian, Polish, Czech etc. which user CCSIDs that contain characters which are not part of the 937 CCSID.

Take care,

Genyphyr Novak
iSeries technical consultant
Chamonix France
+33 662 15 02 02

message: 1
date: Thu, 14 May 2009 09:41:06 +0100
from: "McGovern, Sean" <Sean.McGovern@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [BPCS-L] BPCS-L Digest, Vol 7, Issue 58

Thanks for the info Debasish,

Sounds like I may have a reason to learn Java, not sure if that is a
good thing. I'm glad AS/SET is going, but not so glad that the AS/SET
generated source is still in use ! But why are you debugging - surely
there are no bugs anymore ?? ;-)

The setup at GSK seems appropriate, QCCSID should be set to whatever is
relevant for the LPAR. What do GSK use for the Western European LPAR,
937 ?

Reading through the Infor NLV documentation again, I see that if the MLS
product is being used, the job CCSID will be changed at the startup of
ERP LX (to match SYS600 settings), thus making the QCCSID irrelevant for
the BPCS users. But it seems that the host-code page should be set
differently depending on whether the user is performing database events
against the MLS files or against the rest of the BPCS files. Not sure
how that is going to be managed ! I guess I just need to get ERP LX
installed and start testing...

Cheers,
Sean