Thanks Al, I got the doc library of BPCS. We are on 8.2CD. I search the
same BPCSDOC with *ALL library and found the Doc file. Thanks once again for
the support

Regards,

Kartha

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 2:25 AM, Al Mac Wheel <macwheel99@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am on 405CD. To the best of my knowledge, this is not something that has
changed dramatically from version to version. When BPCS was originally
installed, it came with a mountain of documentation which might not have
been needed on a regular basis & is now buried in a file cabinet that
personnel turnover may be unaware of.

There is a menu DOC which is accessible as a subset of the access of IT
people, which I felt was a design mistake ... there is a lot of
documentation there which should be easier to be accessed by the people in
charge of all the different applications.

However, for them there is also a wealth of 3rd party manual such as those
from UPI, which walk people thru how things are supposed to work, when
running BPCS properly. See my ancient link for names of some of the other
outfits.
http://radio.weblogs.com/0107846/stories/2002/11/08/bpcsDocSources.html
Use search engines to find where those companies now in business. Then
there are more that came since.

Use WRKOBJ to locate the file called BPCSDOC which is like software source
QRPGSRC each member being a different document that can be updated by the
same editors that are used for maintaining software coding. I use PDM SEU
while people on more up to date i5/OS might use RDi or Code/400.

The source member that any IT person should start with is SSALOG00 which is
the BPCS logic manual. It explains many things, including the naming
conventions for all the libraries of BPCS source and execution code
functions.

For example, on BPCS 406CD, the original source code is located in
BPCS405CDS where the "S" on end means source code, with the usual Q*SRC for
each programming language on the system. with UIM for panel code (menus &
help text). We find this out by studying the SSALOG00 member of
BPCSDOC. Yours will have some other name within the same logic
structure. There may be some similar documentation with As/Set, which we
do not have.

Library naming is dependent on original installation decisions.
Your installation might not have been consistent with the documentation ...
in our case we were doing a new pilot a week for several weeks, then at one
point the leadership says "this is good enough, go with this" which is why,
many years later, our *live system is named after "pilot test D four"
In our system, I added a document explaining our revised naming conventions
to be included in BPCSDOC
Your company's IT predecessors may or may not have done something similar.

As companies have moved more into the Windoze world, past IT staff may also
have moved your documentation so it is less associated with BPCS
standards. There are some questions it is perfectly legitimate to ask of
your predecessors.

Al Macintyre

Hi,

Does any body know the library of bpcs documentation in Version 8.2 ?
Thanks
in advance for the information...

Kartha