From: bpcs-l-bounces+dsweeney=phoenixbcinc.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bpcs-l-bounces+dsweeney=phoenixbcinc.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Al Mac Wheel
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 11:55 AM
To: BPCS ERP Discussion List
Subject: [BPCS-L] BL to GL

We're 405 CD on V5R1

We are NOT on tech support from Infor/SSA. We have other BPCS tech
support, which my boss not authorize me to call unless his approval,
which
is very rare.

Our manufacturing company has been bought out by a parent firm that will
be
doing a chunk of accounting for all companies they have bought out, so
we
are moving from almost closed loop ERP to another paradigm that I do not

yet fully comprehend.

Data gets to GL accounts through an apparent BPCS jigsaw puzzle method
that
works, but I can't find all the pieces to remap some of the rules.

Shipping / Billing populates GL accounts associated with sales, cost of
sales, inventory valuation, thanks to charts of rules in IIC item class
master, location (warehouse profit center) in customer order, ZPA system

parameters etc.

What I can't find is where are the rules that tell BPCS that, via BL
(Billing) journal, from BIL500 etc., our A/R total is in A/C 110.10, so
that I can change that to 110.30.

The company wants 110.10 to be total invoices before parent company took

over certain accounting, with 110.30 being total invoices after some
cut-off.

We need to keep AR cash (ACR500) updating 110.10 because now, the only
cash
from customers posted to our AR GL, are for invoices generated before
transition to parent company handling this accounting.

I want to switch the BL flow, then make GL adjustment for what happened
in
days between transition beginning, and this switch getting implemented.
-
Al Mac

at http://archive.midrange.com/bpcs-l.