From: bpcs-l-bounces+ssegerstrom=intermatic.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bpcs-l-bounces+ssegerstrom=intermatic.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Al Mac Wheel
Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2008 10:04 AM
To: BPCS ERP Discussion List
Subject: [BPCS-L] RAR Downstream

We're 405 CD on V5R1 long gone off OSG.

We have BPCS tech support, but management not authorize call them unless

emergency. Instead I get string of challenges to figure out.

Latest: A/R to be handled by another system outside of BPCS to get its
info
from BPCS billing process, such as A/R invoice register, then invoice
input
to RAR file, after cut-off date, to be deleted. Invoices prior to
cut-off
date to be processed old way. SIL invoice file remain intact, since it
used in massive followup to support customer service inquiry, and price
increase analysis.

I can write program to mass delete RAR on invoices after cut-off date.
My
concern is unintended consequences downstream, so that I can have
alternative arrangements in place before they needed, instead of
end-fiscal
time discovering mountains of problems. Other than invoices awaiting
customer payments, and where we apply credit debit memos, where else
does
BPCS use RAR file data? I don't use XRF because in 405 CD its security
corrupts.

For example, do ACR230 customer ranking and SAL300 sales history get
info
from RCM customer master, which in turn from summarization of RAR?
Where
in shipping billing cycle are SSH SSD history totals populated with
latest
sales?

I desire to know what else will be zapped due to RAR mass deletions,
because it relies on RAR content, so we can evaluate which of that we
can
live without, and which needs some replacement system.
-
Al Macintyre
Never Knowing enough about BPCS