From: Molyneux, Tom [mailto:Tom.Molyneux@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 01 June 2008 12:17
To: BPCS ERP System
Subject: Re: [BPCS-L] ORD700 Posting

Jim,

We have a couple of systems that front end BPCS Order Entry and we use 2
different methods to get the orders into BPCS.

Our web system takes orders and, after some shuffling of data, loads the
data into the ECM module files which are then processed by the ECM
module jobs that we have running in the background. This ensures that
ECM validates the orders as they are passed to BPCS.

We have another, internal, system that enters Quotations which we
convert to BPCS orders when the Quotation is accepted. This system does
a lot of the order validation and the conversion to BPCS loads straight
into the ECHW, ECLW and ESNW files and kicks off an ORD700 for the
order. The validation probably isn't as intensive as BPCS itself but
we've been using the system for about 5 years and have had no problems.
Kicking off ORD700 means having to set up the LDA and program
parameters, which was a bit trial and error in the first place, but
isn't actually too difficult.

Hope this helps. If you want any more details, let me know.

Tom Molyneux
Mono Pumps Limited