Larenzo,

Most BPCS users have an established policy where the BOM is created by
engineering or a manufacturing engineer.

All of the data elements are checked thoroughly by all of the related
departments for accuracy.

The data elements are Item master, facility planning, BOM's and routings.

Once they are found to be accurate and signed-off. MPS/MRP are generated and
reviewed.

This is where you would find any discrepancies for the planned shop orders
and planned purchase orders.

It is recommended not to have a BOM in an excel spreadsheet that is
perceived to be accurate.

You should always have the ERP system be the "gospel".

Please remember that if the BOM and routings are incorrect that it will
cause inaccurate standard costs.

Running MPS/MRP normally occurs daily not monthly.

Hope that this helps!