We too did not have a valid book for 2008 when invoicing ran (we were allowed to setup a period the first day for 2008 before invoicing ran that night but CEA did not inform us there was no book for 2008).

Infor calls this a critical error and the allow journals in error flag does not help you. THERE IS NO AUTOMATIC RECOVERY. You must manually determine what journals should be entered and make them. We are still working on this for the first days invoicing. Unlike INV921, where you can recover (eg a bad date entered on a transaction trying to post to a period that is closed), invoicing with no book leaves you in a hole.

Unfortunately, we had turnover in accounting and the new people were not aware of the need to set this up (believe me, it is now in our year end SOP to make sure that happens in the future).

We called OGS and they confirmed.