We are 405 CD a bit beyond PTF-1
Rel-2 is like a rename for PTF-2 in that there was a huge volume of pieces of code replaced, including SFC620, but I ran PDM-54 on source code for the SFC620 inside REL-2 vs. that inside PTF-1 and they identical ... I think each REL or PTF or whatever coding reference they use, is an aggregation of all changes so far,that came out in individual BMRs between the mass releases.

After REL-02 there was what was called the Y2K bundle of final fixes, which had hundreds of programs, but SFC620 was not in there. There were also some random other BMRs, but SFC620 not in what we got, so your SFC620 is same as ours, vanilla wise. We modified our SFC620 because we believed there was a bug in the algorithm for closing shop orders.

In any definition of a shop order being completed, there is the consumption of the inventory to make the parts, and the labor reporting on the individual steps. We think BPCS was designed to place closure of individual operations and labor saying we done, at a higher priority than all the inventory transactions getting posted correctly, and that the math for scrap was incorrect. We made modificaitons based on this analysis to correct the algorithm.

Does your company use a programming standard that makes it possible to tell the difference between your company modifications and that which came from SSA?

I was not able to find the modification of which you speak, in the code we got from SSA. I only did a cursory check of the coding, since Monday was an extremely tiring day for me. I may look again later.

Wee too have found a great many bugs in BPCS, but not all of them came from SSA.

Al Mac
BPCS/405CD modifier