From: Genyphyr Novak [mailto:genyphyr.novak@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 23 May 2007 22:27
To: bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BPCS-L] BPCS V6 and OS/400 V5R3

Hi,

The API in question had changed to allow either the new or old parms
starting at V5R1 (they were listed as 2 new optional parameters for
CCSID and length). V5R2 did not require them, but the memo to users
mentioned a 'future release' would require them. The BMR to support this
change was ready before V5R3 was released.

I don't know if Client/Access uses this API, but if it does use it, then
IBM certainly would have known about this planned change internally a
couple of releases ago and due to their design review procedures, would
have made their software compatible before V5R3 forced you to use the
new parameters. Contact IBM if you have questions about a particular
level of Client/Access.

Thanks,

Genyphyr Novak | Senior Architect, ERP LX Architecture | Infor |
genyphyr.novak@xxxxxxxxx
Register Now! | Inforum 2007 | The Sands Expo | Las Vegas, September
9-12 | www.inforum2007.com

message: 1
date: Wed, 23 May 2007 16:18:09 +0100
from: "Paul Scyner" <PScyner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [BPCS-L] BPCS V6 and OS/400 V5R3

Currently we're using COM and CEA, but the rest is mixed mode, i.e.
green screen emulation using client access.
Sorry for asking the daft question, but is client access ok or is it
also affected by this OS issue?

Thanks,
Paul