We have a situation where customer service wants to create customer orders for some "dummy items" that will be like "notes" on their reports to remind a group of co-workers of future actions needed, but we do not want those dummy items to show up on MRP for shop orders to be created, PO to be ordered, or risk that shipping will accidentally pick one of them..

I suggested using a warehouse other than a production warehouse, and making sure these dummy items had no BOM, and were not coded as master scheduled items. In testing, they do not show up in MRP252 report of items for which we need a shop order, but they do show up on MRP540 when production control goes to release new shop orders.

Is there a way to code items so that in customer order reports & inquiry they look like real items, but in the rest of BPCS they are effectively invisible?

I suspect I will need to modify the customer service reports to include their reminder notes from some other file that the rest of BPCS does not normally know exists.
-
Al Mac
BPCS/400 Know a lot, but never enough