In V405, the machine is merely an alternative way to record "who" done the work, when it is not a person clock #. When an employee clock # is used, the cost is the person's labor rate from CEM file. When the work done by a machine, a similar approach used. We needed to track machine usage for purposes of preventative maintenance, and leasing expenses. We are paying a small fortune to lease various tooling, molds, applicators, machines, so we want to make sure it is actually in use, that we not have excess that can be returned., or that we have some bottleneck. So we came up with our own system for tracking machines with more sophistication than was available at 405 CD.

Hello,

We are in the process of installing some new planning software that will
work with our BPCS 6.0.4 installation.  One of the requirements of the
new interface is information on machines within a work center.  We have
not loaded this in BPCS before, we have operated only at the work center
level.  We see the CAP170 program and the corresponding LMH file that
allows us to load machines and link them to work centers.  However, it
seems like there should be some link between our routings and the
machines.  Is there an option on the routing maintenance to specify a
particular machine within a work center?  If not, how is the LMH file
used?  Thanks for any light you can shed on this one.

Regards,

Jim Reinardy
Badger Meter, Inc.