Check the KAO file for Kits.

Hope that will help you.

Kevin Washburn

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew.Papada@xxxxxxxxxx
To: bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 9:35 AM
Subject: [BPCS-L] Kits

Hello Everyone,

Some 8 years ago, we wrote a home-grown ecommerce application that
interfaces with our BPCS v6.0.2 implementation.  The application is a J2EE
app that accepts data from the user via the web and hands it off to BPCS to
process.  In our process to add a line item, we write a record to ECLW that
just includes the order Id, line number, account, item, quantity, volume,
and warehouse, then we call ORD702B  to update the detail record with all
the necessary values required by BPCS to properly process the line.  This
process works fine for standard product types; however, it doesn't seem to
process kit (item type 4) orders in the same manner as client server does.
When we place an order for a kit product via client server, the ECLW file
does not contain a price for any of the children lines, only the parent is
priced.  Additionally, there are a few other fields in the children lines
that contain different values then do the lines entered via our process such
as the Line Component Type which is set to a value of 'Y' for children and
the Item Number (LITEM) which contains the parent item number for all the
children lines.

I've tried a few options such as writing the component lines separately,
placing the values that were found in the order placed via client server,
but those values seem to be overwritten when calling ORD702B.

Can anyone provide me with any insight as to what I could be doing wrong
when processing kit lines in this manner?

Thanks,
Andy

Andrew Papada
O 931.270.4189