   We have not been using corporate customers capability of our BPCS 405 CD
   but are considering using it, for some customers that currently have one
   customer # for each of what has now become divisions of a conglomerate,
   where they want us to continue doing business with each division like we
   have in the past, except all the billing is to go to home offices of the
   conglomerate.

   Some co-workers fear that by making bill-to name and address info
   identical on the customers in the different cities, that there is a risk
   of us shipping something to the wrong division.  I suggested that we leave
   the separate city accounts clearly saying the division name and city
   location, while in ACR100 giving them corporate account # of the parent
   conglomerate home office.  This way all the bills will go to the home
   office, while our processing of what needs to be shipped which division
   will remain clearly which of the subsidiary accounts.

   Some questions have come up.
   1. At the instant we tell ACR100 that account 3333 corporate HQ is now
   9999, or whatever, does that mean that any shipments from now on for
   account 3333 will be invoiced to corporate 9999, unless we place X in the
   condition of sale, or does this only apply to new orders added after we do
   this?

   2. When our accounting lady is posting payments from 9999 on behalf of
   3333 in ACR500, is there anything she needs to be doing differently than
   when corporate accounts were not involved?

   3. How will this show up on SAL300 and other sales report totals ... will
   the data continue to be accumulated by the place that we sent the parts
   to, or will the total business stop on the subsidiary accounts and start
   accumulating on the parent company?

   4. Are there any existing BPCS reports/inquiry showing current activity
   associated with some parent corporate account?

   For example, we might run into a credit problem with 9999 behind on paying
   bills, and need to see what orders of 3333 and other divisions, that would
   be affected by this.

   For example, the shipping documents went to 3333, with the invoicing to
   9999 ... some clerk at 9999 might not have access to 3333 data, and
   question something that was ordered by 3333 personnel, shipped 3333
   personnel, except the 9999 clerk not know our # system, and not be
   referring to this by our 3333 numbers.  So our accounting clerk needs to
   be able to get at 3333 from invoice # or whatever.

   -
   Al Macintyre
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:AlMac
   http://www.ryze.com/go/Al9Mac