It is also possible within shop order maintenance to alter the engineering data after some prior production has been reported.

We do this, and have done this, in 405 CD for a variety of purposes
* A customer calls to change their order, we have WIP on it, we also change the WIP * We run low on some inexpensive component, we talk to the customer and get their authorization to substitute a component with the same qualities except more expensive * Some factory equipment needs to be taken out of service to get maintenance, which causes a bottleneck for the work to go through it, so we make temporary alterations to how some work will be done * An engineering change arrives, is extremely urgent, and we have WIP on the part involved

If you have similar scenarios, it is possible that there are transactions on a shop order, that has had maintenance changing the reality of the control numbers associated with those transactions.

Indah

If the work center showing up in ITH/THWRKC is not the same as what is
identified in FOD OWRKC then you should check the MBM file for the
Parent/Component bill of material and check the value in field BOPNO
(operation number). If this field has not been populated with an accurate
value, BPCS may be "defaulting" the first operation/work center data for
the associated routing.

Frederick C. Davy, CPIM, PMP
Business Systems Analyst
Interface Solution, Inc.
Phone: (315) 592-8101
Fax: (315) 592-8481
e-mail: fcdavy@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Indah <indah.kurniaty@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces+fcdavy=sealinfo.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
07/13/2006 10:49 PM
Please respond to
SSA's BPCS ERP System <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[BPCS-L] For transaction type = I, where ITH/THWRKC comes from ?

Hi All,

I'm using BPCS version 6.1.02.

For transaction type = I, Do you know where
Workcenter (ITH/THWRKC) comes from ?

According to me, it comes from ShopOrder files such as: FSO, FMA, FOD.
I created small program to check whether it is true that THWRKC comes from
these files.

I joined ITH/THORD + ITH/THLIN -> FMA/MORD + FMA/MSEQ to get MOPNO,
then ITH/THORD + FMA/MOPNO -> FOD/OORD  + FOD/OOPNO to get OWRKC.
And the result is some of ITH/THWRKC not representing FOD/OWRKC.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Indah
at http://archive.midrange.com/bpcs-l.