Colette,

Before you begin a mass cleaning of these PO records I strongly suggest
that you communicate this problem to the groups that are responsible for
them. That is usually the Materials Management group, and/or Accounting.
They need to be able to explain why this apparent complete lack of
discipline has occurred, and provide a corrective action plan. What you
have described reflects a very serious situation that you should not take
upon yourself to "clean up". Remember, the road to Hell is paved with good
intentions, and the fact that you have all those bad records "in the way"
is the least of this situations problems. Do yourself and your company a
big favor and bring this problem to light with the goal of finding a root
cause, developing a corrective action plan, and getting agreement with all
involved as to what clean-up would be appropriate. Good luck.

Frederick C. Davy, CPIM, PMP
Business Systems Analyst
Interface Solution, Inc.
Phone: (315) 592-8101
Fax: (315) 592-8481
e-mail: fcdavy@xxxxxxxxxxxx

"Colette Coates" <colette_coates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: bpcs-l-bounces+fcdavy=sealinfo.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
07/10/2006 08:48 AM
Please respond to
SSA's BPCS ERP System <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[BPCS-L] Procedure for closing purchase orders

We have thousands of POs in our HPH/HPO files as far back as 1998.
Currently
our month-end procedures do not make use of PUR900 and I am going to
rectify
this. Implementing that program should delete all the relevant POs with a
status of 2 or 3. However that will still leave thousands of POs with
status
1, no close date and record id = 'PH'. Looking at the HPO records for
these
POs there are detail lines that need to be closed. These records are in
various states:

- Several hundred with no quantity received or costed
- A couple of hundred with a qty received but no qty costed
- The remainder with both qty received and costed

The funny thing about the latter is that I expected to find matching
APH/APO
records for these but only a handful exist.

What is the correct procedure for closing these Pos in BPCS? Could I
create
a one off program to do this (if so what files need to be considered apart

from HPH/HPO) or should it be a manual process?

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.