   If the full save was from a different iSeries/400 box, than the one you
   trying to restore to, then you need a software key from SSA to unlock BPCS
   to work on the replacement box, depending on the nature of your license
   with SSA.

   If you are on OSG, this may be at no or very low cost.  If you are not on
   OSG, it could cost $ millions, because SSA can ask you to rejoin OSG and
   pay up as if you had been on OSG however many years you been off, as a
   precondition to providing the software key.  This is a topic that should
   have been researched before aquiring another hardware box for BPCS, to
   determine if you would be better off financially by upgrading your system,
   or going with an archiving solution to performance issues,

   If the parent company will continue to run BPCS on one box, with the child
   company also running a copy of BPCS on the new box, then you also need to
   negotiate a second license for permission to use BPCS on two different
   computer systems.  You might not be able to get a discount on the second
   copy of BPCS.  You may have to pay full price.

   So for example, if the parent company added sufficient hard disk for the
   child company to be on a remote partition, the serial # of the CPU has not
   changed.  One company I know has one iSeries in USA, with different
   partitions in different languages (Spanish Portuguese) to handle their
   BPCS operations in different countries.  It turns out that high speed high
   bandwidth communications is cheaper than having multiple BPCS licenses,
   and needing 400 technicians in all those other countries..

   BPCS should have originally come with a whole package of installation
   instructions from SSA, such as diskettes or CDs with Word documents.  If
   you have had BPCS for many years, that stuff might not have been stored
   where it can be found again.

   If the OS/400 has not changed, and the version of BPCS not changed, then,
   other than the second license and software key, probably all you need to
   check is that you are at the latest IBM PTFs for BPCS, such as SQL PTFs.
   Someone else on this list may be able to find, faster than me, link to IBM
   site where it details APAR you need depending on combination of BPCS
   version and OS/400 version.

     I am looking for documentation regarding loading BPCS to a new I5 box
     (V5R4M0) from a parent company full save (V5R4M0).  Is there a specific
     area for iSeries/BPCS PTFs?

   -
   Al Macintyre
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:AlMac