George

What you asking for does not exist.

When BPCS was originally implemented at each client site, it came with documentation for the implementation, some of which had general value to end users. The net change documents for example, listing all the features added with each version, and which software access them.

It can be useful to print out all the screens associated with system parameters, accounting parameters, transaction effects, if only to help reconstruct them when they get accidentally messed up.

There was also the wall poster that walked people through how to setup new accounts in General Ledger, and other places, in flow chart format identifying pre-requisites.

We can print out the on-line doc, which is extremely massive.
We can use SEU commands to print out sections.
I have split some of the larger ones into smaller documents, to make them easier to navigate.
I have also cut & pasted from that documentation to create combined subsections
e.g. You want to do X ... what program does that.

I also have used *OUTFILE dumps of Query definitions and our modification libraries to get directories of software sorted by title of the programs to use as a reference, with a RUNQRY embedded in CL on menu, so people can run the query definition of their choice.

We can print out the source code for the help associated with each program, which can be very helpful, identifying screens accessible via string of commands or how fill in fields ... for example in JIT600 if you leave clock # unpopulated, you get to the team screen, which you might not know about until you read the help on the screens you otherwise not know how to get to.

Some of the manuals for sale from 3rd parties ... they offer a few sample pages ... otherwise buy for $ 135 - 400 each.

I am particularly impressed with some of the graphic flow charts, in those manuals. Much of it originated in courseware sold to folks who did not take the courses.

We can create our own documentation.
I can send you some I have created ... spoiler warning ... pretty massive.

Davide,

I can see the issue of not copying Courseware, but is there not a User's Manual or User's Guide available that is generally available to all BPCS users by virtue of their license? Or is the online help text the only reference available? Years ago there was a set of Word documents floating around in the user community that were basically the online helpfiles reformatted.

Geo.

George Sagen
MITY Enterprises, Inc.
1301 West 400 North