We get this in 405 CD.
You might review your settings for warehouses in facilities, transaction effects, parameters both system and accounting.

We keep track of inventory, engineering, costs, orders, General Ledger by facility.

We have warehouses setup by facility and type of product.
e.g. facility 20 has warehouses 21 22 27 29
where 1st character is facility, last facility is item type
except "9" is for rejects for QC decision if repairable or need to scrap.

Thus, all raw materials for facility 20 flow into warehouse 27, until issued to production in warehouse 22.. The Purchase Orders call for the material to be delivered to the relevant facility, where the Receiving clerk needs to key in a valid PO# which matches the warehouse it was to be sent to.

The act of recieving the inventory against the Purchase Order, generates a Purchase Receipt transaction, and a post to the General Ledger, as dictated by the rules in the ITE transaction effect file. The transaction includes what item, quantity, facility, date, vendor, just about everything we need.

The actual transactions generate an audit trail, which the receiving clerk has the option of not moving to printer until end day, so that all reports for one person's efforts print together, instead of intermingled with other people. This shows what was received that day, although the parts intermingled based on when they arrived.

We have got 3 way match going, so reports can be generated off of the 3 sets of files, to show recent events, what activities not yet matched. BPCS also comes with some reports that show this ... such as inventory receipts not yet matched with a vendor invoice.

We use Query/400 very heavily to generate reports and inquiries to supplement what comes with BPCS, such as ITH Inventory History data listed in various shapes and sizes..

There's also some settings in the system parameters to define how many days off acceptable before ranking deliveries as early or late, so we can review historical performance by vendor and by item, to see how trustworthy the promise dates for future shipments. We have also created some ranking reports off of this data, to show which vendors relative reliability.

Dear All,

Is it possible to generate Puchase Receipt through PUR550 ( U Transaction) facility wise. Each facility we should be able to get a separate receiving report with facility specific running numbers. Is there any option available in system parameters to set such scenario.
  regards,
  purush