Dear Daniel,

The answer from Phil Catlin is correct.
However, the SYS600 step isn't very efficient and can result in accidents unless the security officer is very careful. Using the standard BPCS security maintenance step, each user profile must be maintained one by one. Each user must be authorized to the new program. Then each user must be authorized to the new menu SFC50 through the menu maintenance process.

There is a much more efficient and reliable way.

Using BPCS security maintenance software called "By Invitation Only," the security officer could simply pull up program access functionality
and then select the users that should have access from a sub-file list.
In like manner, the security officer could then pull up menu access functionality and simply select the users that should have access from a sub-file list.

Job done. Zero errors.

More information on "By Invitation Only"  --->
http://www.unbeatenpathintl.com/BIOnly-start/source/1.html
Warm regards,
Milt Habeck
Unbeaten Path

North America (888) 874-8008
International (262) 681-3525
mhabeck@xxxxxxxxxx http://www.upisox.com/bells.html

++++++ +++++++ +++++++ +++++++ +++++++ +++++++ +++ From: Phil.Catlin@xxxxxxxxxxx To: SSA's BPCS ERP System Sent: Friday, September 16, 2005 1:16 PM
Subject: Re: [BPCS-L] Adding New RPGLE programs to BPCS

Daniel...
Not sure of your version , but in version 6 you must define the program to SYS625, then grant the user access via SYS600. Only then will the menu options/security/fast path work correctly.

++++++ +++++++ +++++++ +++++++ +++++++ +++++++ +++ From: Daniel Wilkins To: bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Friday, September 16, 2005 12:51 PM
Subject: [BPCS-L] Adding New RPGLE programs to BPCS

Is there something special you must do to get new programs to run in the
BPCS environment?
I created a program and added to the SFC50 menu. I wanted to limit the
user's choices on the menu to this one program and I can't seem to do it
correctly. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Daniel
BPCS Version   6.1   Release   01