Hi,

Would like to have your feedback on following (my understanding of MPS-MRP
processes in BPCS):

Forecast (in case of make-to-stock) or Customer Order (in case of make-to-order
or assemble-to-order scenario) creates Demand or Requirement for FG (Finished
Goods) MPS item i.e. KMR record for FG MPS item.

Upon running MPS (MRP500-Master Schedule), this Demand or Requirement (KMR)
drives & creates Planned Order (KFP record) for this FG MPS item which further
drive & creates Demand or Requirement (KMR) for next (Child) MPS item which
in-turn creates Planned Order (KFP) for that MPS item. This continues till the
end of BOM structure.

Upon running MRP (MRP600-Explode Requirements) which takes MPS item Planned
Order (KFP) as Input & generates Demand or Requirement for next (Child) non-MPS
item which in-turn creates Planned Order (KFP) for the same non-MPS item. This
continues till end of explosion of all MPS items.

Pl. correct me wherever I am wrong.

Regards,
Prashanth