Guy

I have been watching this thread with interest since I am always interested in learning about stuff that can be done with BPCS, that we have not done in the past. So far, no one has a BPCS method to deal with your second question, and many first question answers relate to something that works at a higher version than yours but might not be doable at 3.0.04.

When all else fails there is the modification route.

Think of a copy of the program that now does the manual entry.

Instead of a human being doing the manual entry, that would be simulated, in which, what the human would have keyed in, that data is created from the data supplied by the PO receipts, and some standard information that belongs on every entry. By starting with a copy of the program that does the manual entry, you are taking care of all the updates to BPCS that are done with the manual entry.

So how would this proposed program know which PO receipts to process, and which had already been processed? Would you have any PO receipts that are not PPV or for whatever reason still need to be handled the manual way?

Consider conceptually how inventory transactions get into General Ledger ... there is a flag in the ITH file saying that this or that transaction has been taken card of, so each time you do the ITH to GL it is processing transactions since the last time, that got added to the ITH file and not yet have the GL done flag.

A similar flag field would need to be added / inserted into the PO receipts file, or share dual use with the ITH to GL flag. Here's how dual use might work.

We run ITH to GL in the evenings, after 100% normal BPCS processing completed for each day. At that point, PO receipts without the GL flag are those that have occurred in the past 24 hours since prior evening update. Before running this ITH to GL update, your staff would know to run the PO receipts to "auto generated" invoices, which would do this for all PO receipts that do not yet have the GL flag, and meet whatever other conditions for any choices which to do or not do this way.

1. Can the PO quote price be based on requested delivery date? We are getting a lot of PPV on PO's with future delivery dates. Can the quote file be setup so that the price is subject to the requested delivery date?

2. Can the invoice be auto generated at the time the PO is received? What would have to be changed to allow PO receipts to create a A/P record automatically in place of the manual data entry?

Thank you in advance...
Oh, BTW:  BPCS VERSION:  3.0     RELEASE:  04
OS/400 V5R2M0

Regards,

Guy Henza | JohnsonDiversey, Inc. | NAIT | 26935 Northwestern Highway,
Suite 400| Southfield | MI | 48034 | Guy.Henza@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx |
+1.248-304-6763 vmx | +1.248-304-3567 fax |

-
Al Macintyre  http://www.ryze.com/go/Al9Mac
Find BPCS Documentation Suppliers http://radio.weblogs.com/0107846/stories/2002/11/08/bpcsDocSources.html
BPCS/400 Computer Janitor at http://www.globalwiretechnologies.com/