In V6 a company has the option of saving $ by not buying the
source code or AS/Set ie. not having ability to do
modifications ... there can also be the scenario of having
the stuff but it not installed on the system during
implementation ... you need to determine what the reality is
at your company.

Once upon a time BPCS programs written by humans then over
multiple versions application by application converted to
replace human written with AS/Set.

If AS/SET and/or Source on your system, you need to figure
out where it is ... ie. what you have for system
documentation ... have you viewed fo;e-BPCSDOC library-
SSALOG00 which contains lots of rules how BPCS programs are
named?  This can help you see what is human vs. AS/Set ...
BPCS own rules not followed 100%.

My employer opted out of spending $ on AS/Set and expects me
to modify the RPG source ... we are on 505 CD in which many
applications still have human written source code.

For some AS/Set generated source, I have told management and
users that to change this one program is at least a 6 months
project to accomplish something that if I was doing the same
thing to human written source, or via AS/Set would be a 2 day
task.  Changing the RPG created by AS/Set without access to
AS/Set can be a nightmare for an experienced RPG programmer,
irrespective of whether you are experienced in BPCS.

BPCS Consultants have AS/Set, teach it, offer alternatives to
the all or nothing SSA $ options, which may have changed
since our aquisition of BPCS ... what I would want today is
not to buy AS/Set on ALL applications, but only on those
created by AS/Set and for which we have modification
desires.  I not know if that is an option.

You need to determine which tech support place(s) your
company is using for BPCS and what services they provide with
respect to access to AS/Set if you are in the same boat that
we are.  e.g. you or someone use AS/Set on THEIR host to make
programming changes ... I not know how legal this is.

Yoy might search BPCS_L archives for past posts disccussing
AS/Set and BPCS documentation in general.

There's also an AS/Set forum, but I do not know the url.

Al Mac home PC hassles again ... details sent to another
discussion group I am in
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TYR/message/23293